The Michigan Nanny Authority: Kalamazoo is now interviewing for the following position:
A loving family in Richland is looking to hire a Full-Time Infant Nanny for 40 hours week!
First-time parents are looking to hire an experienced, professional Career Nanny with extensive experience working with newborns and infants to provide top-notch loving care and consistent learning and development to their baby girl, who is due at the end of April. Nanny will begin working in early June, and will work Monday through Friday for an average of 8 hours per day. All working hours will fall between 6:30am and 6pm. The exact start and end times will vary from day to day and week to week, determined by the parent’s work schedules, and Nanny will have her schedule 2-4 weeks in advance. The Nanny’s strong work ethic, along with her flexibility and adaptability on time and scheduling, will be key for this position, as both parents have jobs that require them to be extremely punctual, reliable, and flexible themselves. The Family will guarantee a minimum of 40 hours a week, though Nanny may be asked to work more on occasion, and overtime will be paid for every hour over 40 worked each week.
Nanny will partner with the parents to care for the emotional, social, developmental, and educational needs of the baby girl. The ideal nanny will have a minimum of 2 years of experience working with children in a professional setting, with 1 year of consecutive care of an infant (ideally from birth to age 1), and excellent references. She will have knowledge of and/or experience with various approaches to infant care and be able to adapt to the parent’s desires for the child as she grows and her needs change. She will be welcome to give her input and share advice and experiences, but parents want to take the lead in making any changes to the baby’s schedule and routine. Nanny should be engaging and attentive, able to plan gross and fine motor skills activities and sensory activities, and should be fostering a love of and excitement for learning and exploring the world around them from day one.
The Nanny will also be responsible for light child-related housekeeping, including: doing the baby’s laundry, washing bottles daily and other dishes used, tidying and maintaining organization in the baby’s room and play room, and tidying up after herself and the baby in the common areas (living room, kitchen, etc.) The family has two friendly medium-sized dogs who will need to be let out on occasion during the day. Nanny should be comfortable sharing love and space with the family’s furry babies.
The ideal Nanny for this family is friendly and confident, with a positive demeanor, a good sense of humor, and an ease in adaptability. She will be a maternal and loving caregiver who will quickly become baby’s best friend and a valued part of the family. Her knowledge and experience working with infants will be a valuable resource for these first-time parents, and will give them confidence in her ability to handle anything that comes her way. She will be comfortable and confident in keeping open lines of communication with the parents.
This position requires a long-term commitment to the family, and preference will be given to the candidate who is willing to stay for 3+ years. A minimum of 1 year commitment is required. Pay will start at $15-18 per hour, and nanny will have guaranteed pay, paid time off, paid holidays, mileage reimbursement, and other standard nanny benefits. Details will be discussed with qualified nannies at an in-person interview.
The right candidate:
- Will have AT LEAST two years of part- or full-time nanny experience, or at least two years in a daycare or classroom setting.
- Will have AT LEAST one year of proven childcare experience with infants, will know how to interact with the infant to support learning and encourage his development, and will be able to use her knowledge and experiences to be a support and valuable resource for the parents.
- Will have her own reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license, and a clean driving record.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and legal to work in the USA.
- Must pass a thorough background check and drug test before starting the position.
- Must have current CPR/First aid certification or agree to complete a class within 90 days of start-date.
- Must have flu shot and DTaP vaccine, or be willing to get both before her start date, and must be willing to get a flu shot annually (parents will pay for any immunizations.)
Already registered with The Michigan Nanny Authority? Send an email of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.