The Michigan Nanny Authority: Kalamazoo is now interviewing for the following position:
A loving family in Kalamazoo is looking to hire a Full-Time Nanny for 50 hours a week!
Parents are looking to hire a dependable, professional career Nanny who has experience with toddlers and school aged children. The Family has three children, two girls, ages 6 and 9, and a boy who will be newly one-year-old when Nanny starts. Nanny will work 8:00am to 6:00 pm Monday through Friday. Hours will be a minimum of 50 hours per week, and overtime will be paid for every hour over worked over 40 hours. Nanny will start on Monday, June 4th, but will be able to shadow with the family’s current nanny the week before.
The older two children leave for school at 8am and return at 5pm, so the Nanny’s primary responsibility with be the care of, interaction with, and education of the toddler boy. Parents will give preference to a Nanny with a degree in early childhood education or child development, or someone who has previously worked as a lead teacher in a toddler or preschool class. They would like Nanny and toddler to attend play dates with other nannies in the community, and plan for daily age-and-stage-appropriate learning time for him. Nanny will also help with light child-related housekeeping, such as dishes, tiding play areas, folding and putting away clothes, and making sure the older girls complete their daily responsibilities and chores. During school breaks and summer vacation, Nanny will have the older girls as well, and will be able to plan special outings for them. There will some days Nanny will be asked to transport the girls to and from doctor appointments or somewhere after school, so Nanny will need to drive a vehicle that can fit three children—including two car seats—in their backseat.
The ideal Nanny for this family is friendly, reliable, active/energetic, a strong communicator, and an engaged and engaging caregiver. She will be able to balance the demands of all three children when they are home together, and build a bond of love and friendship with each child. She is a maternal and loving caregiver, giving each child love, patience, acceptance, and discipline when needed. She will use her education and/or teaching experience to plan and execute a fun & educational daily learning time for the toddler boy, helping him meet his physical, social, and educational milestones as he grows. Her knowledge and experience will be a valuable resource for the parents, and will give them confidence in her ability to handle anything that comes her way. She will be comfortable and confident in keeping open lines of communication with the parents.
This position requires a long-term commitment to the family, and preference will be given to the candidate who is willing to stay for at least 4 years. A minimum of 1 year commitment is required. Pay will start at $13 per hour, and nanny will have guaranteed pay, three weeks of paid vacation annually (two weeks of parents’ choice and one week of nanny’s choice), paid holidays, mileage reimbursement, and other standard nanny benefits. Details will be discussed with qualified nannies at an in-person interview.
The right candidate:
- Will have AT LEAST two years of part- or full-time nanny experience, or at least two years in a daycare or classroom setting. Experience raising children of one’s own is considered appropriate experience and can waive the education requirement. However, Nanny’s child(ren) will not be able to go to work with her.
- Will have an Early Childhood Education or Child Development degree, or have experience as a lead teacher in a toddler or preschool classroom.
- Will have her own reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license, and a clean driving record.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and legal to work in the USA.
- Must pass a thorough background check and drug test before starting the position.
- Must have current CPR/First aid certification or agree to complete a class within 90 days of start-date.
- Must have flu shot and must be willing to get a flu shot annually (parents will pay for any immunizations.)
Already registered with The Michigan Nanny Authority? Send an email of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.